1984 : the graphic novel / George Orwell ; adapted and illustrated by Fido Nesti.
One of the most influential books of the twentieth century gets the graphic treatment in this first-ever adaptation of George Orwell's 1984. Orwell's best-known work of unrelenting dystopian realism warns against totalitarianism. The story is told from the point of view of Winston Smith, a functionary of the Ministry of Truth whose work involved the "correction" of all records each time the "Big Brother" decided that the truth had changed.
- ISBN: 0358359929
- ISBN: 9780358359920
- ISBN: 97807804188882
- Physical Description: 222 pages : color illustrations ; 26cm
- Publisher: New York, NY : Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2021.
Publisher, publishing date and paging may vary.
"First published in Brazil as 1984 in 2020."--Title page verso.
"First published in Great Britain by Penguin Classics as Nineteen Eighty-Four: The Graphic Novel in 2021."--Title page verso.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Totalitarianism > Comic books, strips, etc.
Dystopias > Comic books, strips, etc.
London (England) > Comic books, strips, etc.
London (England) > Fiction.
Science fiction comics.
Graphic novel adaptations.
Comics (Graphic works)
- 16 of 19 copies available at Missouri Evergreen. (Show)
- 0 of 1 copy available at Barry Lawrence Regional Library System.
- 0 current holds with 19 total copies.