The beggar's pawn / John L'Heureux.
- ISBN: 9780143135234
- ISBN: 0143135236
- Physical Description: 259 pages ; 20 cm
- Publisher: [New York, New York] : Penguin Books, an imprint of Penguin Random House LLC, 
"The story of a family whose chance meeting with a stranger while dog walking slowly becomes an ominous invasion of their domestic lives. David and Maggie Holliss are an ordinary married couple about to ease into a comfortable, well-earned retirement while tending to three middle-aged children with whom they share an edgy relationship of love and resentment. Reginald Parker enters their lives when he saves their dog from being run over by a truck, and when asked how they can possibly thank him, he replies with a request for the loan of two hundred dollars. They lend it to him, gladly, and thus begins what will become for them and their family a nightmare that moves from comic resignation to stark tragedy."--Provided by publisher
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Married people > Fiction.
Parent and child > Fiction.
Loans > Fiction.
Fate and fatalism > Fiction.
- 1 of 1 copy available at Missouri Evergreen. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Barry Lawrence Regional Library System.
- 0 current holds with 1 total copy.